Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Magic of a Zinnia Seed




I love zinnias. They are my most favorite flower, ever.
Their bright, bold colors just seem to say "happy".

I can never get over the potential magic that is tucked away in those humble, unpretentious , seemingly insignificant seeds. It is one of nature's little miracles.

When I get old, I am planning to look very similar to this:



I am going to buy one of these:



Then, I am going to spend my springtimes traveling around, sprinkling little seeds of beauty everywhere I go.

Like Johnny, people will know me as Kimberly Zinnia Seed.
I could possibly become legendary.
It will be awesome!

True, I cannot grow a decent vegetable garden
(3 golf ball size tomatoes this year, sigh and sigh)
but I can always grow a zinnia patch.

So easy, a two year old can do it!



Just take a handful of seeds.

Sprinkle them in a little patch of earth.


Add water and lots of sunshine.

Then sit back and watch the magic unfold.













It really is just that easy!

Because I am still a few years away from traveling the countryside on my bicycle
and because I cannot bring myself to throw any zinnia seeds away,
I have approximately 4,539,087 seeds stored in our gardening shed.

If you would like to discover the magic of a zinnia seed for yourself, please let me know and I will take good care of you.

Oh, and if you happen to understand the magic of a tomato seed and would like to enlighten me, I would so appreciate it.

9 comments:

Terry said...

I would love some! I don't know what to tell you about your tomato issue. Mine grow like weeds...I didn't even plant them and I have some anyway. LOL

Jenny said...

You don't even have to bury the seed? Get out!! Send some my way. I am so doing those next year. I will trade you for some homemade salsa and some hot rolls. Well, maybe not at the same time:).

wylie said...

Kimberly, I am so glad you are blogging "regularly" because I love reading what you write. Count me in for planting zinnia seeds!

Scarehaircare said...

Count me in. Our garden was pathetic this year, except for chard, snow peas, and carrots.

When do you plant zinnias? Spring or fall?

Meredith said...

Funny enough, I have not had good suceess with zinnias but I have noticed how beautiful yours are. I have plenty of tomatoes! If you'd like some let me know. I'll be pulling my plants up soon.

Laural said...

Oh, I would love some seeds! Your flowers are beautiful!

Lincoln Farrell and Marilyn Barlow said...

Thanks for sharing - I think I saw a lettle fairy in my yard this year(via a photo) planting some of those magnificent seeds oh, excuse me Kimberly Seeds

Melissa said...

You have the most BEAUTIFUL flowers. You always have. Some of my neighbors STILL talk about your yard when you lived on our street. You've been gone for what.. 11 years now?? (boo-hoo) Flowers are just one of your many specialties!
I'd love some seeds. They are planted in spring, right?

Christie said...

I would LOVE some seeds. I also have some tomato growing hints. Come visit and we can share!