Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fall Conference

Today was general conference- one of my favorite times of the year.  We cooked a big turkey dinner and all the trimmings.  It was a lot of work!  I think next time we'll just toss in a frozen lasagna.  The talks were wonderful.  I choked back tears as I listened.  The Spirit touched me and whispered to my soul some things I can and must do better in my life.

We invited Andy and Carter to join us, as they usually do on Sundays.   Mark took the opportunity to teach and testify to them, as he usually does.  He has a gift of reaching people.  He is so wise.  He is so good.  During the second session, we snuggled on the couch and listened to the speakers.  I closed my eyes as the warm autumn sunlight shone through the windows, my head on his chest and his arms around me.  I reflected on the happiness of it all.  The joy of the Gospel.  The Savior and His love for us.  Families and the eternal links that bind us.

Last night we were visiting next-door while all the guys attended the Priesthood Session.  Tiffany said the funniest thing.  She talked about President Samuelson (of BYU) getting released as a general authority.  She said when she heard that news, her first thought was, "Maybe Mark will be the next President of BYU!"  She said it with such seriousness that it took all of my strength to hold the laughs in.  Later when I told Mark we laughed and laughed.  He was quite flattered and I agreed that it was a nice compliment.

Rachel faithfully took notes on all the talks today.  She is amazing.  She is stalwart and virtuous and strong.  Linc is not too far behind her.  He is a good boy, his friendship and example may be what saves Andy.  I really could not ask for better kids, I feel so very blessed.

  Our baby turns four this week.  We told her that we are not having any of it.  We want her to turn two instead.  She said, "Mommy, you turn what you turn and you don't throw a fit".  I told her I might throw a fit anyway and she said, "Just go down to the baby store a get another baby- I am turning four!"

Life is good.

No comments: