Monday, August 3, 2009

Finish


Finish -verb
To bring something to an end or completion.

EXAMPLE:
6.3 miles of:
Breathing hard, sweating harder.
Passing folks who are a bit slower.
Getting passed by the faster ones.
The cheers of parade goers.
Ipods, shorts, shoes tied tight.
The personal refusal to walk one single step.
The other personal refusal to let a smiley woman pushing two toddlers pass me.
Respect for every single runner in the race.

All for the glory,
the rush,
the reward.

The finish.

6 comments:

wylie said...

Wonderful!! I am so so proud of you! Great job.

Terry said...

That is awesome Kimberly! I wish I could do that!!

Jen said...

Way to go Kimberely! I wish I could have been one of the cheerleaders on the side. You are awsome!

Jenny said...

Awesome. You are amazing. I am still struggling to get the LOVE of this silly sport. We will see.

Mindi said...

Good. For. You. Glad to see you on those early mornings. One of these days we'll have to make plans to run TOGETHER, not just wave. Actually TALK to each other, instead of just blog occasionally back and forth. You name the time and place--I'll be there. :)

Angela said...

You are incredible!