Monday, November 16, 2009

Dear Darling

Dear Darling,

It's me.  Your loving wife of eighteen years.
 
Have I told you lately how much I love being married to you?

Have I thanked you for your easy going nature and virtual inability to get mad at me?

Remember that time I drove your car into a pole?  I was so upset, I rushed in the house, ran right past you and called my dad.  After a deep breath, you  were so kind and understanding and completely agreed with me that it was the pole's fault.  You weren't even offended that I told my dad first.

You are amazing that way.

How about the time we were traveling to Las Vegas.  You were asleep while I took a turn driving.  I thought about stopping in St. George for gas but I really thought we could make it.  Oh the discomfort I felt at having to wake you up at 2:00 am in the middle of the desert to tell you that we had run out of gas.

Your response?  A very deep breath, that's all.

At this point in our lives, you are trying very diligently to get our house paid off.  You're doing great!!  I appreciate your "saver" mentality.  I do, really.  That is why I came to you with a strict budget of what I would spend when re-doing the kids' bedrooms.

One thousand dollars per kid, that's what I said.
You happily and willingly agreed and that was that until...

I ordered new carpet,
New paint for all three rooms,
Three new memory foam mattresses,
A new bed for Samantha, dresser for Rach, desks and nightstands for all three,
shelving, curtains, accessories and some very amazing Pottery Barn bedding.

I know.
Never look at Pottery Barn first.
Never. Never. Never.

Yes.  I did go a bit over budget.
But Darling, Love of my Life, Amazingly handsome, Brilliant, Sexy Husband---
their rooms are going to look spectacular!

I am telling  you this now so that you can breathe deeply all the way back from Boston.
With all those deep breaths, you are going to feel great!
You won't have to go running for at least two weeks!

Now, aren't you glad you married me?
You could never get this kind of cardiovascular workout with a Suzie Orman type woman.
See what a great team we make?

Sincerely--
Your loving and devoted wife,
Kimberly

5 comments:

wylie said...

Do you think Mark might post a comment with this one? =)

Loved reading it and looking forward to pictures of the rooms.

Scarehaircare said...

Nah, Mark will just shake his head, grin that grin, and know that eternity with the wife whom he adores will be worth every single shiny penny. Besides, Pottery Barn is not pertinent to his salvation, so he won't worry about it. :)

Jenny said...

Can't wait for the pics. I am sure he will understand:).

Jen said...

Yes I understand completely how this needed to be done, but I am with Wylie I think Marks comment would make your post complete! :) You are the best. I miss you
JEN

Melissa said...

The rooms are beautiful! I think you still should have come to Disneyland though. You are very talented at decorating and way to go on finding some major bargains to even out the splurges.