Thursday, May 19, 2011

The High Price of Parenting

We all know what Mr. Save For A Rainy Day would do with roughly $7,880.00.










But what Could a girl like me do with that kind of mullah?

Make a decent down payment on a brand new one of theses babies?
Did you know that the new Acura MDX pushes the luxury SUV to new levels of refinement?  With its super handling all wheel drive, a plethora of luxury appointments, and room for SEVEN, and their gear???


Sadly, no that's not what I did with the cash.

Take the entire family on a magical vacation aboard Disney's New Dream Ship?  Where all our needs will be anticipated and carefully attended to- where we will eat ourselves sick, sunbathe, swim, snorkel and explore- basically, have the experience of a lifetime on the high seas with Mickey & Company?


Nope, unfortunately, regrettably, distressingly, this was not an option either.



How about a visit to my favorite place for home furnishings .......






Oh Pottery Barn how I lovey you....  
But (sigh, sniffle, weep)  it was not meant to be.

No new car, fabulous vacation or beautiful new furniture.

Instead, 7,880.00 was our portion of the 15,760.00 original bill, (choke) that bought exactly:
2 sets of braces (4,500 x 2), 
two retainers (190. x 2), 
2 Maryland Bridges to hold in place the new teeth the dentist had to make to put in place of the missing teeth that never grew in (3,100 x 2).

Warning-- vent coming on...

*HONESTLY, did they both have to be missing the same teeth in the same spots??? I mean really, where did that come from, Mark and I both have all of our teeth--- SHEESH.*

Thank you, I'm done now.

And finally, two new retainers to go with the new teeth. (190. x 2 again).


And that my friends, is what a girl like me did with 7,880.00.

PS, recent dental x-rays show that the little one in the middle does indeed have all her future teeth.
Can I get a Hallelujah?! 

5 comments:

michele84084 said...

Oh man. That is my future.... I wept with you Kim.

Terry said...

That is very painful. I'm sorry! But they are very beautiful teeth! (Mickey is waiting for us on that cruise too!) Maybe when they're all through college? *sigh*

barlowsinuganda.blogspot.com said...

Hallalujah! Hallalujah! H-A-L-L-A-L-J-A-H!!!!
Maybe Sam will get the Disney Cruise. I want to come.

Funk Master B said...

Twins!! Sam may have all her teeth now, but she does live a reckless life within the walls of that home. So we'll see. ;)

the holmans said...

love that, only from my experience so far things just keep getting more expensive along the way. The day we were done with diapers I said to Brett we are rich! Only to find out then we had to pay for preschool... we will be able to shop at pottery barn and go on cruises when missions and weddings are paid for, good job on the teeth btw