Monday, August 15, 2011

Saying Goodbye Is Hard To Do

Well today I got out the old laptop and dusted off my blog.  I have a hundred things to write about.  A hundred things that have been floating around in my head, only to be placed on a shelf until that magical day arrives.  You know the day I'm talking about, the one loaded with time and nothing to do but write.

 But days keep ticking by, turning themselves into weeks and then months and still THAT day never seems to get here.  Things I want to remember about this season of life seem to quietly melt into days gone by.  My patriarchal blessing specifically tells me to keep a journal so that I can hand it to my grandchildren for their learning and benefit.  So with that being the real goal of writing, I have made an unusual decision.

I am turning this blog private.  Private as in just for me.  I want to climb into bed at night, type a few thoughts down, upload a picture or two of the day's events and keep this blog as a personal journal.  Every once in a while, I'll get it printed into a book to save for those little red-headed grandchildren that will start arriving in about 15 years or so.

Saying goodbye is hard to do and I want to thank you for taking the time to read.  I have loved your comments, advice, and most of all, your friendship.  Keep posting on your own blogs!  I love hearing about your adventures and I will remain a fan.

Your friend,
Kimberly

5 comments:

Shirlene said...

Kimberly, I'll be sad to not read your blog because you're so great at writing and so insightful. But honestly, I've had the same thoughts lately! I'vebeen thinking about using the time that I would to write a blog post (not that I"ve been that great about it anyway) to keep a journal about our family life. I totally understand! I'm sad, but sure it's the right thing!

Jenny said...

Good luck on those red headed grandchildren! I have been looking for a way to post some of my private thoughts as well. I thought of just starting a private journal blog but not sure how to maintain both. I support your decision 100% but I will miss your stories:). At least we have carpool! Oh, and PTA in about 3 years:).

Angela said...

Oh bummer- I have wondered where you went for some time now. You're a really good writer.

Lincoln Farrell and Marilyn Barlow said...

I am sad also as it has been a true joy to me to share things I probably would miss and who knows if I will be around to share the books - Guess there is eternity though.

the holmans said...

You are very wise my friend, you see no one reads mine so it is kinda private... lol My niece introduced me to blurb, have you heard of it? Well check it out it is a website that prints your Blog into a book... so I feel like it really is the easiest way to keep record, since the last time i scrapbooked was when mason was 2. I adore you and your kids are beautiful. So happy to see both our dreams have come true, who would have thought those silly girls would grow up to be Mom's, Wives and still in love as we were then.

take care friend, tina