Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Poems

Lincoln and Rachel had a language arts assignment to write a poem using the letters
C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S.

Rachel did a lovely job:


Cherished family, joined together.

Hot Chocolate warms my spirit.

Rows of shimmering lights.

Isicles glimmering in the sun light.

Snow glistening on the roof top.

Time for loving.

"Merry Christmas", my neighbors wish.

A shiny ornament hanging on my tree.

Special time to share.


"How is your poem coming along?" I asked Linc as we shoveled snow.

"Great!" He smiled. "It's about you." "I'll finish it tomorrow and bring it home".


A poem dedicated to me? I said to myself. This is wonderful!


The next day, my eagerly awaited poem was hand delivered with pride.

I excitedly read it aloud.


Coke.

Really describes Mom, she's A

Holic!

Isn't it strange?

Two, too

Many,

Addicting,

Sweet drinks gone!


Wow Linc....

thanks...

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Aren't boys the best! I could use a little of Rach's sensitivity every now and then!

Scarehaircare said...

I LOVE IT!!!

Terry said...

That is so darned funny! And, that is a way cute picture of your family.

inside the life of an abused housewife said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aimee said...

How funny! Darling pictures, by the way.

Habs said...

I actually find this very endearing! Funny but endearing.