Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What A Woman Wants

Dear Husbands Everywhere,

This post is dedicated to you.  
Your friend Kimberly is going to give it to you straight.
Today I will be revealing what a woman really wants.

You may have seen various magazine covers as you wait in line at the supermarket.    
You know what I'm talking about.

Headlines that claim to know all the intimate details:

How to Spice Up Your Marriage
or
Ten Ways to Please Your Woman

Perhaps you have been tempted to open those tawdry pages for a sneak peak inside the complexities of the female mind.  

Now you no longer have to wonder what your wife needs, what she secretly desires.

Here it is in all its drama and glory.....


A ROOM!
  
Yes, I said a room!  
Not just any ordinary room, a special room completely reserved for your wife and ONLY your wife.  

A place where she can think, create, write, scrapbook.

A haven where scissors and scotch tape stay put,
paper is organized according to color, pattern and size and 
chocolate is in abundance. 

AND (are you ready?)   this  is the MOST important part.....
kids are only allowed to enter by special permit on the 
rarest of occasions.  
(example- nap time for one year olds)

It is mostly a simple process.
1. Designate a room. 
2.  Get her a new computer.  Free of kid games, free of your church files, 
basically free of anything that she does not want on it.  Make sure it has a large monitor so that she can see clearly with no need for glasses.


3.  Take her to IKEA where she will choose her own furniture and accessories.
4.  Stay up all night putting together her choices, even if you have a case of the stomach flu.
5.  Leave her to it.

Satisfaction. Guaranteed.

She will appreciate your thoughtfulness.

She will be humbled by your kindness and sensitivity.

When your buddy calls with a last minute tee time,
 she will cheer, "Yes! Yes! Please go!"

When you get home from a late night at work or church, she might be waiting with a perfectly grilled steak followed by a foot rub.

Before you know it, you will be nominated for Husband of the Year.

Yes, my manly friends, we do love romantic vacations, diamond earrings and 
shopping trips. But for day to day living, you cannot beat a space of your very own.

It is definitely what a woman wants.

Very Truly Yours,
Kimberly

PS Special thanks to my personal nominee for Husband of the Year. 
 It was the most thoughtful gift I could imagine.
You are simply the best and I love you.



9 comments:

Terry said...

You are one very spoiled and very lucky woman! :) Sweet!

Jenny said...

I love the room! I am thinking I really need to see it in person.

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, I love the idea! But where do I GET the extra room? We already have 7 people in this house and all the rooms are taken. (sigh). I do have my very own scrapbook cabinet, which is like a room inside. I posted about it at the beginning of my blog, probably way back in May (a year ago). It's very cool and ALL MINE! Congrats on yours! I love it!

Meredith said...

Love it - love the furniture, love the Mac monitor. Luke wants to know, what does Mark have to build in order to swing a whole weekend of golf?:)

wylie said...

Ohhhhhh that room looks so clutter free and organized and the textures and colors!! I loved it! Great way to write it up =) Casey was reading over my shoulder and created a fictitious title for my next blog -- "Casey, not to be out done . . ."

Karin said...

SO. TRUE.

Donni Morrey said...

Wow, what a neat room. I don't think anything in my home is that neatly organized, thanks to my curious 2 yr old! Looks beautiful!

Amy said...

That room is beautiful... I have one of those rooms but find it often has stray items like paint supplies being stored in it. Your photos are an inspiration to make my room as enjoyable to be in as yours must be. I love it. I may need to come check it out in person.

Angela said...

You make me laugh Kimberly. I love how much Mark loves you. You married a good one :)