Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Curse of the Traveling Husband

+Things that have happened while Mark is out of town on business:

A Flat tire.
A dead battery.
Unexpected company from out of town.
The twins' 7th birthday.
The fridge broke.
The heater went out (in January).
Water in the basement.
Sick kids.
Sick me.
Christmas lights out.
The worst haircut of my life.
Having our beloved dog put to sleep.

Is it really that surprising that a mysterious crack appeared in the ceiling yesterday and water is leaking through it?

I think next time I'll just pack a bag and go with him.

5 comments:

wylie said...

OH! Have you been able to figure out what is leaking and where and how to fix it? Can I help you?!

Scarehaircare said...

When we lived in WJ, it was always the smoke alarms going off at 2 a.m. while Mr. Wonderful was out of town. I couldn't get the covers off to stop them. The kids would be screaming and scared so I would take a baseball bat and beat the alarms until they quit sounding. When we moved, Mr. Wonderful had to replace every smoke alarm but one - the one two stories up that I couldn't reach with a bat.

I feel your pain. {{{hugs}}}

Jenny said...

Sorry to hear! The good news is, no rain in the forecast! Let me know what you find out, we have a similar problem in our entry way. We just haven't been super motivated to get it taken care of.

Sarah said...

Thank goodness that didn't all happen at the same time, as I thought until I got about 3/4 the way through the list. Hubby out of town can be the pits. Good luck with the ceiling!

Jana said...

It is a good thing he is not a traveling salesman or you would never get any rest!