Friday, January 22, 2010

14 Days of Love

The problem:
Winter blues,
Your husband leaves for work when it's dark and returns when it's dark,
Your life is so filled up with places to be, that last Tuesday you were supposed to be three places at once,
You haven't felt sexy since the late 1990's.
Your marriage could use a little romance.

The solution?
14 fabulous days of kindness, sweetness, thoughtfulness and love.
A.K.A. 14 Days of Valentines.

Directions:
Plan out 14 surprises for your sweetheart.  Start on February 1 and give him one each day until Valentines Day.  They don't have to be fancy, they don't even have to cost money, they just have to be heartfelt.

100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
You will feel like newlyweds!
He will know how much you love, appreciate and adore him.
And hey, if he becomes putty in your hands, so be it.

 Use some of my ideas, consult this expert, or make up your own!

2010 Plan:

February 1      I am one lucky girl!  For this day, I print out a picture of us on our wedding day.  I tape the picture, red and pink hearts and a love letter on the bathroom mirror.

February 2     Mark is always at church on Tuesdays nights, so when he gets home I will be waiting with two chocolate strawberries, two pieces of chocolate cake and two glasses of ice water. Then I will rub his two tired feet.

February 3     Thank you for giving me three great kids.  Pictures and love notes from the twins and Sami.

February 4     This one is private.... sorry.

February 5     Five things we'll need for a fun date.  Movie card, dinner card, popcorn coupon and two boxes of candy.

February 6     Six sticky love notes to find.  (One in his wallet, on his toothbrush, etc.)

February 7     Seven slices of pie for a Sunday night treat.  (February is usually Marie Callendars
 pie sale) I will pick up a pie on Saturday for a Sunday night treat.

February 8     Special Family Home Evening.  We will give a lesson about eight reasons we are grateful for our husband and dad.  Also, just from me- a note on his pillow for eight kisses, 3 of the chocolate kind and 5 of the lip kind.

February 9     A playlist with nine of our favorite love songs loaded on his ipod.

February 10   Mark has church on Wednesdays too.  When he gets home,  my ten fingers will give him a back rub.  You can get some good oil at Bath & Body Works and use the playlist from yesterday for a little romantic mood setting.

February 11     This day, we are heading out of town for a baseball tournament so I will put together a basket of eleven of Mark's favorite snacks and treats for the road.

February 12    A dozen of my favorite memories.  I will do this blog-style.

February 13     Thirteen things I love about you poster.

February 14     Since we will be in a small hotel room with three additions to the party, we will have to postpone the real celebration.  I will give him an invite detailing our evening of romance.  It will include a gift card for dinner out and dessert in.

Now that you have a few ideas to inspire you, get to planning!
The dollar store and $ bins at Target are great places for stickers, candles, cards, ribbons, bags, doilies and candy.

Don't let this opportunity get by you.
I promise that you'll have fun and in the process, you will make your best friend and favorite person ever feel like a million bucks.

Happy Valentining!

3 comments:

Anna said...

I hope that the seven slices of pie on Sunday means that you will slice it into eight on Saturday and eat one then---just to be sure it has exactly 7 on Sunday.

Now I want pie :)

Melissa said...

Bring it on!! Happy Valentining everyone!!

Terry said...

I am on it this year. Thanks for the reminder! :)