Monday, February 1, 2010

Dear Rachel

Dear Rachie,

I have not seen you in nearly one week.
I miss you.

I know, I know, you are having a wonderful time with your grandparents.
You love spending time with them, they are some of your closest friends.
Also, trading in the cold, smoggy Utah air for a warm, clean Georgia type is always a good thing.

But Rach, we can't go on much longer without you.
Linc misses his other half.
Each time Samantha sees an airplane in the sky, she shouts, "Issy coming home!"
It's not the same for dad when he gets home from work and you're not here to greet him with hugs and kisses.

And as for me, I am just sad without you.  I need your singing, twirling and tapping.
I need our talks and shopping dates.  I need our Taylor Swift karaokes in the car and your sweet prayers at bedtime.  I miss every single thing about you.

Don't get me wrong.
I am glad you haven't been homesick.
I am happy you had this special opportunity.
But now, it is time to come home.

Oh and one more thing, remember those plans we have been talking about your whole life--
you know, the ones where you grow up, go away to college, go on a mission and then get married.....

they're off.

Can't wait until tomorrow!

Love,
Mom

2 comments:

Laural said...

Mentioning Georgia made me think of Ashley.:) It's hard to have them grow up...but good too.

Dawn said...

How cute is this. You wrote perfectly what every mother feels.