Wednesday, January 21, 2009

14 Days of Valentines

Attention romantics everywhere!
It's that time of year again....
14 Days of Valentines!

My sister in law, Carrie (you know, the one with the closet from heaven) inspired me last year to start a Valentine tradition. We had so much fun with this that it is definitely a keeper.

The idea is to start on February 1 and for 14 days do sweet things for your sweetheart.
It doesn't have to be fancy, just heart felt.

I sat down this morning and put my plan together.

Day 1
I am one lucky girl!
(Love letter and picture of me)

Day 2
For just the two of us.
(Formal invite to a private dinner, etc, etc on Valentine's Night)

Day 3
Three beautiful children.
(Pictures for Mark's office of the twins and Samantha. Also love notes from them)

Day 4
Four necessities for a fun date.
(Lunch gift card, movie gift card and two boxes of candy)

Day 5
Five family treats at Leatherby's.

Day 6
Six sticky love notes hidden around the house, car, etc.

Day 7
Seven items for breakfast in bed.
(2 egg omelet with ham and cheese, toast, hashbrowns and juice


Day 8
Eight slices of pie.
(I'll pick up a Marie Callendars banana cream on Saturday for a Sunday night treat.)

Day 9
Nine reasons we love our dad Family Home Evening.

Day 10
Ten fingers to give you a massage after a long day of work and church.
(Include a bottle of oil)

Day 11
Eleven kisses.
(The lip kind and the chocolate kind)

Day 12
A dozen of my favorite memories.
(Poster board with pictures and notes about some of our most special memories)

Day 13
Thirteen love songs loaded on the ipod.

Day 14
Lunch celebration with the kids. (Balloons, heart shaped pizza)
Private evening for just the two of us. (wink, wink)

Spread the love! Your husband will feel like a million bucks, I promise!
Check the dollar store and the 1.00 bins at Target for cards,
pretty boxes, bags, ribbons, candles, etc.


PS Don't forget to post your own ideas so that I can file them away for next year.
You can get other ideas from Carrie by clicking here
Happy Valentining!

8 comments:

Scarehaircare said...

I am going to copy #12 for next year. Check out on my blog what Carol is doing for day #7 (another one I am going to copy next year).

I never thought of doing a kid celebration for lunch. Great idea!!!

Melissa said...

Way to go! I did this last year for Todd, it was fun! I told him it was his turn this year.....ha, ha! I know it won't happen, but that's okay. Maybe I'll do it next year again. We'll see...

Jenny said...

Great ideas! Doesn't Mark read your blog?

Kimberly said...

I just give the "do not read until further notice" request.

He's not one to spoil the fun.

Laurel said...

You have a beautiful family. I'm so glad I finally found you! Thanks Carrie (she a closet from heaven?) Kim dear, we have got to keep in touch. I think about you all the time.

Aimee said...

I wish I wasn't so lazy...

Melissa said...

I'm looking forward to Feb. 1 thanks for some cute ideas!

Amy said...

That sounds like so much fun.. I think I will give it a try.. You have the best ideas for things. Thanks for sharing with us who might not be as creative.