Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ten Things I Learned While Cleaning Out My Closet


1. I have a SEVERE case of closet envy. I visited my sister in law, Carrie a few weeks ago and got the tour of her new house. Her closet, oh her closet. There are not adequate words. My idea of heaven includes Carrie's closet.



2. Apparently I like to buy the same item only in different colors. Three of the same sweater, one gray, one red, one tan. That observation held true with shirts and shoes too.



3. After several years, I came to terms with the sad fact that I will most likely never be a size 6 again. I had a few old items that I have been holding on to just in case. The hangers were dusty and it was time to say goodbye.



4. My wardrobe consists mainly of tee shirts, hoodies and jeans. Dull, practical, borderline pathetic.



5. I no longer have the drive to have matching hangers and clothes categorized by color.



6. However, wire hangers are still not permitted on the premises. And clothing must all face the same way.



7. When it comes to getting ready for bed, I have a good supply of flannel pajamas, cozy robes and slippers. I am a regular at Bath & Body Works and my year's supply is carefully stored on the top shelf.



7. The lone Victoria's Secret bag had accumulated some dust. Something I am going to work on in the coming year.



8. Thanks to my sweet mom and sisters I actually have several cute purses and bags. I'm just waiting for Samantha to get a little bigger then I will be retiring the big brown purse I use that doubles as a diaper bag.



9. Mark is a tidy man. He keeps his side clean and orderly.



10. If you guys were really my friends you would turn me in to TLC's What Not To Wear.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Is that a picture of your own closet? Because if it is.....I envy yours! :) It always feels good to clean out stuff, though, huh? It might actually inspire me to do some "closet cleaning"....time will tell! Cute post!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that a beautifully organized and HUGE closet is something to definetly be admired. As far as closets go, however, your's isn't THAT bad. Then again, I haven't seen your sisters.

Scarehaircare said...

Your idea of heaven needs to be organized. :)

Laurel said...

What I learned while reading "...Cleaning out my Closet" is that you and I have a lot in common. Except the Bath and Body year supply. I'm stingy that way. But I derserve better, darnit. I'm going there today if it kills me. It just might when my husband learns I've spent our year's food supply budget on yummy pump soap. =)

Love you more than my closet! xxLaurel

Amy said...

That was a fun read. I have also been wishing to be on TLC's What not to Wear, do they do an amazing job or what. The truth is you always look great so you have no hope of getting on that show. Nice try though.