Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Monday Notes To Self



Don't sleep an extra ten minutes when it snowed the night before.

It is not worth it, EVER.


Sleeping ten minutes over will throw your whole morning off.


The twins will be ten minutes behind schedule and so will Mark. The kids will miss the bus which means that Mark will have to drop them off at school.


Long story short: You will be forced to go on a date with this guy.....




Remember that it is not easy to shovel outside while your one year old roams free in the house. It is distracting stopping every two minutes to run in and check on her.


I realize that it seems like a good idea to sit her on the couch with her cup and Playhouse Disney. But when you're 15 months old you have better things to do like climbing up on top of the table with a jug of milk and snagging a box of Jr. Mints from the pantry.




If you are going to serve left over mashed potatoes and gravy for lunch and yogurt for dessert, it's probably a good idea to eat BEFORE bath time.



View the permanent marker on Rachel's bedspread and pencil sketches on the floor as signs that there is a budding artist in the family.




Last note to self- remember that climbing on tables, Handy Manny, potatoes and yogurt in the hair and art work in unconventional locations won't last forever. Someday, you will miss these things.


6 comments:

Meredith said...

I love that the gallon of milk is precariously positioned next to a beautiful set of scriptures, just waiting to get doused. I once came in from shoveling to find my girls sitting on the table with the baloney, turkey, ham, a box of fruit snacks, and a jug of apple juice between them. After that I made them sit in the front window where I could see them from the driveway - didn't last very long.

Amy said...

That is so true with a little one.. I still have a hard time leaving my kids in the house while I shovel.. Always thinking in the back of my mind of all the horrible messes they could be making.

Jenny said...

Oh, Kimberly. You really are making me nervous for what is still to come! If your child will do it, I KNOW mine will!

Melissa said...

How sweet! I miss those days already. I DO remember them though. They can be very taxing, but I promise they won't last forever! :(

wylie said...

What a morning you had =) and then to be able to write it all up with accompanying pictures -- WONDERFUL! I agree that shoveling snow with a toddler is more time spent running back and forth, re-picking up the shovel than actual shoveling time.

Habs said...

I think it's great that she went for the chocolate in the pantry. A girl after my own heart!