Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Saying Goodbye to Two

A year ago we said hello to two.
Minus about 116.6 tantrums, two was wonderful.
Two was joyful.
Two was funny and curious and an adventure.
But now it is time to say goodbye to a few things.



Goodbye to the baby swing.

Goodbye to secretly un-decorating mom's Christmas Tree.

And being the littlest reindeer in the Christmas Program.

Goodbye to waiting at the bottom of the hill for the big kids to come down.

And having to explore at the bottom of the mountain.


Goodbye to princess dress-ups that are too big.

And goodbye to watching big sister bake while you only get to lick the bowl.

Goodbye to sneaking into mom's make-up bag.  (Fingers crossed)


Goodbye to diapers!!!!


Goodbye to the kiddie pool, and coloring on your forehead with green marker.


Goodbye to being stuck on the little kid rides all day.

 Goodbye to pretending that you get to go to a real ballet class.





Goodbye to all things two. (sniff, sniff)

Hello to "I'm big!"  "I will do it myself!" "I'm not a baby!"

Hello big kid swings,
decorating the Christmas Tree,
sledding,
hiking,
dress-ups that fit,
taking a turn to crack the eggs,
owning your own lip gloss,
fancy panties,
swimming lessons,
big kid rides
and going to your very own ballet class.

......Hello three.
It's nice to met you.

10 comments:

Lincoln Farrell and Marilyn Barlow said...

Shedding a few tears here.

Matthew said...

Hooray for Sammie!!!!!!!

Shirlene said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Sam! Hope she had a fun day. I love her birthday cakes. Very cute and fun. It's fun to see our babies grow, but also hard. Sometimes I wish I could freeze time:)

brees said...

Wow! I can't believe she is 3 already! What a sweet little girl, Happy Birthday Sam!

Jana said...

I am just glad she does not get to say goodbye to nursery until January!!

Julie Jones said...

She can't be 3 already! I remember when you sat in my living room and told me you were pregnant, it seems just like yesterday.
BTW, my only thought after Tyler turned 3 was, "Everyone told me about the terrible 2's, but no one said anything about the terrible
3's." :)

Tiffany said...

Sammie, we love you!

Melissa said...

Hello Great Jumpers Class!!! That just cracks me up! We love you Sami!

the holmans said...

oh Kim, she is so beautiful...2 is so fun!!! If I remember correctly 3 is awful... LOL At least my little ones were terrible 3... Good luck!!!!

Angela said...

Where have you gone? 3 must be keeping you super busy :)