Sunday, May 4, 2008

Water

Water.

Such a simple but profound staple in life.

Have you ever noticed how often we use water in daily living?

Yesterday I decided that each time I used water, I would appreciate it.

This was not an easy task. It was hard to remember to be grateful for something that I have always had in abundance.

I have to admit that it made me think a little differently.

I found myself whispering a little prayer of thanks for clean hair, brushed teeth, a cold bottle of water after a dusty day at the baseball field.

Can you imagine life without clean water at your fingertips?

Grandma and Grandpa can. They have spent the past year trying to bring clean water to the people of the DR Congo.

They are working against great odds at times, to make life better for a people they have come to love.

You can read about them in an article published in the Church News this week. (click on the link below)

It's humbling.

Just something to think about the next time you turn on the tap.....

Clean water: An answer to villager's prayers

Effort is the largest Church-sponsored water project to date

http://deseretnews.com/cn/view/1,1721,495007174,00.html

1 comment:

Julie Jones said...

What a wonderful article. I can't live a day without water, it is my constant companion at work. What a good reminder to be grateful for the little things we take advantage of each day.