Sunday, August 10, 2008

Meet the Douros Family

You've met Mark's family, haven't you? You know those nice, calm, rule abiding folks.
Now, I would like to introduce you to my family. This is the Douros Clan. The three words that best describe them are crazy, loud and highly mischievous.
Time passes and things change. My grandparents have been gone for a few years now. My cousins are mostly grown with spouses and children of their own. My aunts and uncles have turned into grandparents.

But there is one thing that always remains the same, we cannot get together in the summertime without chaos breaking out in the form of a water fight.
It happens each and every time, no exceptions.

The only rule is "There ain't no rules".

Siblings turn on each other.


Husbands have no loyalties to their wives.


It is serious war between cousins.
Aunts and uncles will take you down.

No mercy is granted, even if you get tangled up in the hose.Safety is only guaranteed to those age two and under and pregnant women.
Don't try to hide in the house, you will be found and brought to justice.The best thing to do is just brace yourself for the inevitable.

There are no umbrellas large enough to keep you dry.
Training starts at an early age.



Yes, we're a loud and crazy bunch.
We're a little wild for a Sunday afternoon.
I have to admit that I apologize in advance to my neighbors.
But we are family.
We're bound together by
blood,
love
......and lots and lots and lots of water.

6 comments:

Funk Master B said...

I tried to cut the grass in an opposite pattern of yours to easily indicate two sides, specifically for the waterfight. But what the heck was I thinking? There are much more than two sides in those photos.

michele84084 said...

Sounds like fun to me! Nothing beats a good water fight!

Melissa said...

Kimberly,
It can't be said better than this!
WELL DONE!!!!
Sincerely,
One proud Douros

Angela said...

Sounds like my family Kimberly. I never did get the calm and quiet rule abiding thing. :)

Aimee said...

It looks like safety is also guaranteed for those with cameras. I was very disappointed not to see you or Mark in the water fight.

Marianne said...

Can I be in your family? That looks like so much fun! By the way, if you don't know your hair looks incredible than you're crazy.