Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Dear Samantha Sunshine,



Dear Samantha Sunshine,


Today you are one.
I am very afraid that if I blink you will be twenty one.

Today you are new at walking, talking.
The world is full of discovery, curiosity and adventure.

Today you laugh and smile effortlessly, cares and worries are so far away.

Today your most joyful moments will be the twins arriving home from school and Daddy coming home from work, splashing around in the tub, snuggling with me after your nap.

Today you will follow right behind me. You will want to do everything that I am doing, I'll kneel down once in a while so that I can better understand your view of life.

Today I will close my eyes as I hold you tight. I will kiss your cheeks. I will tickle your toes.

I know this time is precious, fleeting. You won't always be a baby. We will never have these exact moments again.

I'll long for a way to freeze time and do it all again, I'll probably cry a little because I can't.

So for the next twenty or so years I will live in the moment. I will be grateful and enjoy each day as it comes.....

Most of all, I will try very hard not to blink.

2 comments:

Scarehaircare said...

Happy Birthday, darling Sami. I'll sing to you when I get there. I am determined to see you smile at me.

Jenny said...

I will never forget checking my emails early that morning and seeing those beautiful pictures of new baby Samantha. I was so happy for you and Mark and it brought tears to my eyes to see such a sweet little miracle! That was also the day I found out I would have my own little miracle. Happy times!