Sunday, October 19, 2008

Go Sox

This is the scene at my house tonight....

Mark and the twins, decked out in their Red Sox duds, the mood serious, almost somber.

The ticket to the World Series is on the line and the Sox are down by two runs, bases loaded, top of the eighth.

Tensions are high, stomachs are knotted, any moment one of the three may break into tears.

"Would it really be so bad if they lost?" I asked innocently.
"Tampa Bay has never won a World Series, why not give them a chance?"

I was immediately scolded for such evil thoughts.

"MOM, how could you say that?" Lincoln scowled.

"How could you even THINK it?" Rachel asked in disbelief.

"Have you lost your mind?" Was Mark's reply.

Only one thing to say to all of that...
ummm, go sox....

3 comments:

Melissa said...

We watched, eyes peering through fingertips, it's a hard thing to swallow.

Funk Master B said...

Ha! My whole weekend in a nutshell.

*sob*

Scarehaircare said...

Rach watches sports? Hmmm, she doesn't take after me after all.

I feel your pain (Kimberly's, not Mark and the kids)