Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Lincoln, the Wall St. Wannabe

A couple of weeks ago Mark gave Lincoln a simple lesson about the stock market. He showed him a few online tools to track the performance of various companies.

Since then, Linc has been enthralled by the whole idea of making money through investments.

He's been watching the ups and downs of the market like a hawk.

He understands symbols, quotes, how to diversify your portfolio, the international market and most of all, he understands that this a good time to buy.

Trust me when I say, he has done his homework on this.

After much research and effort, Lincoln has come up with two very hot stock tips and since you are my friends I am going to share them with you....

Put some money in
Dollar Tree and Family Dollar.

That's right, dollar stores are making money. Who knew?

According to Lincoln, over the past 26 weeks,
Dollar Tree is up 18.18%
Family Dollar is up 29.31%

While many other companies have taken a sharp nose dive,
the dollar stores are alive and well.

So there you have it, courtesy of a ten year old.
Who knows maybe maybe we'll see this kid on Wall Street someday.
Happy investing!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Well, I shop there, so it must be true. Good for him and thanks for the tips!

Jenny said...

I will pass that tip on to Russell. Are we going to owe Lincoln a broker fee?

Melissa said...

Add Wall Street right under Red Sox owner. This kid is going places Mom!

Aimee said...

How cute! I remember my brother buying one share of Western Airlines stock when he was about Lincoln's age. I think it cost him $7 or something like that.