Thursday, October 23, 2008

That's What Sisters Are For

I am lucky to have four sisters, they are treasures to me.

One of my big regrets in life is that I wasn't nicer to them when we were young.

If I could turn back time, I would be different. I would let them wear my clothes, I would share my make-up, I would spend more weekends hanging out with them, I wouldn't complain about sharing a room, I would tell them how much I love them and thank them for their friendship.

Now that we are grown I recognize that I couldn't get by without them.

Our favorite missionaries (Mark's mom & dad) are coming home on November 1. I wanted to give their house a good, deep cleaning. After a few days of going at it on my own I realized it was a bigger job than I thought.

I sent out a quick email to my sisters. Within a couple of hours we had a date and time organized. Everyone showed up in pony tails and work clothes and we got busy....

Showers, toilets and mirrors were scrubbed spotless.



Blinds, windows and baseboards were tackled.


The place was dusted, wiped down and vacuumed top to bottom.




Baby Sister's husband even came to clean the things we couldn't reach.



My heart was touched as I watched my sisters happily working.

"That's what sisters are for" is what they said as they left.


Yep, I said to myself with a lump in my throat...

That's what sisters are for.

4 comments:

Funk Master B said...

Muchas Gracias to you and your sisters!

Jenny said...

What a great family! I bet your parents are so proud.

Aimee said...

You and your sisters have done many amazing things for people. Some that people don't even know about.

Lincoln Farrell and Marilyn Barlow said...

Thanks all you wonderful sisters!