Thursday, February 12, 2009

On the 12th Day of Valentine's...

Here are twelve of my favorite memories:

1. Two seventeen year olds having a picnic of bread sticks and tomato sauce on a starry summer night. Planning big dreams and how they hoped their life would go. High School, mission, college, marriage, kids, a dog, a happy life.


2. My dream come true day. I didn't pick out the dress, the cake, the bride's maid dresses, the reception location. I didn't care about any of that. I just wanted to be married to you.




3. This is one of those pictures in my mind that time can never dull. In this moment I was so overcome with happiness that it took my breath away. I still have not come down from the thrill of this day.


4. Going from this:

To this:





And all the moments in between.


Going from this:
to this:




And all the moments in between.



5. Sandcastles, snorkeling and sunsets on Maui.








6. The best four legged friend any family could ask for.









7. The milestones.




8. Rachel's first date to the Princess Ball



Lincoln walking into Fenway Park
9. Telling the twins that a baby was on the way.




10. Getting ready for Sami.




11. Meeting her. Wondering how we ever got by without her.






12. The ordinary moments that don't seem like much until you string them all together and realize that this is happiness.





Sure, there have been some disappointments, there have been some heartaches. But I can honestly say that all those big dreams we talked about over twenty years ago have all come true.


Thank you.
I love you with all of my heart.

7 comments:

Anna said...

It's official. I love this post.

What a wonderful life you've had/you have. It makes me excited for all Joe and I have in store for us. It's hard to imagine we'll ever have kids that age...but I suppose we will

Jenny said...

What a beautiful family. I love that picture of you and Mark at the beginning. Total 80's shot! It is hard to imagine that with how much we loved them when we first started dating and when we got married, we really didn't know. I feel like I didn't even know my husband back then! Life experiences sure can enhance a marriage, whether they are joyful or challenging. ALL of our experiences have made us closer. I really enjoyed your post!

Meredith said...

I can't believe how much your kids look like you guys did in high school! And I have to ask, if you didn't pick your dress, etc. who did?

Laurel said...

Totally pulled at my heartstrings. I can really feel the love. I am so happy for you, Kim. You deserve all of the best that life has to offer.

Angela said...

One of my favorite posts of yours- I loved the pics- especially of Cherokee- what an awesome friend she was :)

Mindi said...

Kim,
I don't know if you even know me, but I live in the neighborhood and have been an admirer of your family for nearly five years now. I just wanted to tell you that #9 ruined me! I love those pictures. Thank you for sharing, inspiring and cherishing all the simple and best things.

Mindi Cox

wylie said...

That was a great post to read and feel a part of your family. You captured so much emotion in the picture and word combinations.

Thank you for your 14 days of Valentine's idea. I did a simpler version for Casey this year and it went really well. You have a talent for expressing your love to your husband and family in visual ways.