Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ten Signs You're Not As Young As You Used to Be:

1. Your optomistrist informs you that you should be wearing glasses while driving.

2. Soaking in the sun and an occasional visit to a tanning booth are no longer on your list of things to do.

3. Your eleven year old daughter offers to use her own money to buy you a pair of shoes with a heal on them.

4. Your hair dresser wonders if you would like the special formula to color those stubborn grays.

5. Coupons for wrinkle cream are starting to catch your eye.

6. You find that it is nearly impossible to stay awake until midnight.

7. When the bag boy at Maceys' calls you "Miss" instead of "Mam" it makes your whole day!

8. Cartwheels hurt.

9. and 10. Your thoughtful eleven year old son informs you that he has the perfect birthday and Mother's Day gifts picked out:

One is a nifty mini recorder to carry in your purse to remind yourself where you parked the car. The other is a handy ear piece that fits conviently inside your ear to magnify your hearing while at a movie or watching tv.

7 comments:

Terry said...

Oh pulease! You're not even 40 yet...which I hear is the "new" 30...and I bet you can still outdo your 11 year-olds in plenty of things :) You are not older...you are wiser and more beautiful every day. :) We just keep telling ourselves that every minute...that way we don't forget. ;)

Meredith said...

Ok, I have to admit I laughed out loud on the one about the shoe with a heel. And I'm with you on the wrinkle cream coupons.

Funk Master B said...

I had to get glasses for driving on the mission. That was a very sad day for me.

Melissa said...

Hilarious! Hear, hear! I just wish I got taller with age....if only a couple of inches. Instead, I seem to weigh more, but I'm still the same height......how did that happen? (okay, don't answer that).

Melissa said...

Funny, funny, funny!
Remind me in 6 years that I laughed about this! The glasses thing is not so bad, I've had to wear 'driving' glasses for 9 years.

Jenny said...

I thought flat shoes were "IN". Shows you what I know!

Anonymous said...

HA HA you are too funny. I remember helping you take care of the twins when you guys were still in the ward. You're not even old.. Come on now