Thursday, December 6, 2007

Miracles Happen


A few days ago, a couple of friends came by to visit. They brought with them a special gift for Samantha's room. It is a simple white and pink frame with silver letters that say "miracles happen". When I opened it my eyes filled with tears. It is hanging by her crib and every time I look at it I can't help but feel so grateful for the miracle that has come to us this year.

There is something about rocking a baby to sleep that is good for the soul. A little patch of heaven came with Samantha. The four of us have fallen in love with her. She has a way of bringing out the best in us.

We love her smile and the way she "talks" to us with gentle aahhhs and oohhhs. We cheer when she burps and we argue over who gets to hold her. We adore her hairy ears and her tiny feet. Lincoln takes daily pictures of her and Rachel is her second mom. Mark and I tuck her in her bed at night and wonder how we got so lucky.

With grateful and happy hearts we thank the Lord each night. We know that miracles do indeed happen.

2 comments:

Scarehaircare said...

My sweet little niece has HAIRY EARS?! Good thing she is so darn cute. Erik received his bday card today and is taking you at your word that he gets to babysit when we come to visit. He is one excited boy.

Love the smile on Sami. :)

Scarehaircare said...

Forgot to add - there is a picture of Mark sitting in his baby chair and smiling just like Sami is in that picture. I will show you the next time I see you.