Friday, December 28, 2007

Brotherly Love


One of the blessings of being a mom is watching your children love each other. As a parent you teach them how to treat one another and then stand back from a distance and watch. Sometimes things don't go well and you have to intervene. Other times you smile to yourself when you see love in action.
A couple of days ago, Lincoln came into my room and announced that he was going to make a special breakfast for his sister. I was touched as I saw the level of detail that went into it. A foil lined cookie sheet served as a tray. He prepared of feast of frozen pancakes, yogurt, bread and jam, gingerbread cookies, sliced apples and a glass of milk. A clipped poinsettia carefully placed in a pitcher of water was the final touch.

They talked as Rachel ate and Lincoln sampled a few of the delicacies. I folded laundry and smiled to myself as I watched from a distance.

2 comments:

Lincoln Farrell and Marilyn Barlow said...

thanks, this warmed my heart!
Mom B

yiaya said...

Its so great the I can see 5 of my awsome family just by a click of thekeyboard. It reminds me just how fast time does fly. It seems not so long ago that the little girl in the snow making snowmen, and snow angels and snowball fights was my little Kimberly. Its true, time does fly when you're having fun. I love you all, Yiaya