Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Too busy?


We have had a busy December already. Last weekend we had two Christmas parties and Samantha's blessing. Saturday morning the first big snowstorm of the season hit. We had so much to do to get ready for the party at our house on Saturday night.

We trekked to Costco twice and Macey's once. The house was messy, the baby needed to be fed, the Christmas lights went out, everyone was hungry, the walks needed to be shoveled again and we were pressed for time.

The twins had been outside playing in the snow for a while. Lincoln came in cold and wet. I was drying him off when Rachel opened the door and said happily, "Hey mom, do you want to build a snowman with me?" I started to say "I can't" but I looked at her red nose and cheeks and sweet smile. My heart told me that I would regret passing up an opportunity like that so I put on my coat and gloves and followed my daughter to the front yard.

We had a great weekend surrounded by family and friends but the most meaningful half hour to me, was the one spent with Rachel on a snowy Saturday.

No comments: