Friday, February 1, 2008

14 Days of Valentines

A big thank you to my sister in law, Carrie! I already knew that she is a gourmet cook, an amazing pianist / singer and down syndrome advocate. I did not know that she is also a romantic. A few weeks ago she sent us a challenge to put together 14 days of Valentines for our sweeties. (see her ideas by clicking on the scarehair link)

So this week I got busy. I used most of Carrie's ideas but added a few of my own. I had a great time! If you haven't started yet, don't worry. It doesn't have to be fancy, just heartfelt.
Day 1
I am one lucky girl! (Love letter & snapshot of our wedding day)
Day 2
For just the two of us. (Formal invite to a special night on 2/15. Dinner out (Johnny
Carino gift card) Dessert in. Include candles, bottle of cider and two glasses.)
Day 3
Three beautiful children. Pictures of Lincoln, Rachel and Samantha with love notes from them.
(I found cute heart frames at the dollar store.)
Day 4
Four family night treats at Baskin Robbins
Day 5
Five necessities for our next date (2 movie tickets, popcorn coupon, 2 boxes of candy)
Day 6
Six ways you melt my heart. (Order heart sugar cookies from Schmidts. Have them write little sayings on them like KB loves MB, etc.)
Day 7
Seven sticky notes.
(Write little love notes and hide them in different places like in his wallet, by his toothbrush, etc.)
Day 8
Meet me at eight for a dancing date.
(Our stake Valentine's dance. I have a new red tie to go with the invitation)
Day 9
Nine items for breakfast in bed.
(3 egg omlet with ham and cheese, toast, hashbrowns, fruit & juice)
Day 10
Ten fingers to give you a massage.
(I bought a little book about tips and two oils from Bath & Body Works)
Day 11
(This is my personal favorite) Eleven reasons why we love our Dad - Family Home Evening
Day 12
A dozen ways to show my love for you. (Coupons I made)
Day 13
Thirteen love songs. (A cd I put together of our favorite music)
Day 14
This has always been a family night for us (apparently we need a little help in the romance dept.) We order heart shaped pizza, we get helium balloons to decorate with and then we exchange small gifts) So our evening without kids will actually be on day 15 but hey, who is going to complain about an extra day?

I found a lot of fun things at the dollar store and the 1$ bins at Target. (cute gift bags, ribbons, balloons, candles, cardboard hearts and stickers) I also bought a bag of kisses and dark chocolate m&m's to add to a couple of the days.)

This was so much fun to do! Thanks Carrie.
Happy Valentining!

2 comments:

Scarehaircare said...

I am going to steal some of these for next year. How cute!

BTW, the sparkly 12" heart I found at Target and hung on Mr. Wonderful's rearview mirror? He kept it up there all day. Rather funny to see that big manly-man truck with a sparkly heart swinging in the front windshield....

Melissa said...

This is SOOOOOOOO cute! Hopefully next year I will be this organized!