Thursday, September 25, 2008

Conversations With My Ten Year Old Daughter

Yesterday, after school....

Rach: Mom, I think someone is going to ask me to go out with him.

Me: Choke, gasp. WHAT? You mean like a boy?

Rach: Yes, Mom. (roll eyes, shake head slightly)

Me: WHO??

Rach: Jacob. (name has been changed to protect the not so innocent)

Me: Jacob? I thought he liked Daniella.

Rach: He did last week, but they broke up.

Me: (Holding back what I would like to say and instead saying)
Hmmmm what are you going to say to Jacob?

Rach: Mommmmm of course I am going to tell him, Thank you for asking, but I can't date until I am sixteen.

Me: You mean six-ty.

4 comments:

Lincoln Farrell and Marilyn Barlow said...

I think it is time to come home -- things are changing a bit to much and I am afraid I won't know my Rach when I get there.

Julie Jones said...

I hate to say it, but it's only going to get worse.

The first time I ever saw Rachel, her face reminded me of a porcelain doll. She is so beautiful.

Jana said...

I have had this conversation with Karli lately as well. I was relieved when she informed me she thought "going out" with someone was stupid. You don't even go anywhere except school"

Melissa said...

AHHHHHH! I can't take this! Maybe Lissie should pay a visit to our little friend 'Jacob'. Afterall, he has no clue who I belong to...