Wednesday, September 10, 2008

When Grandma Was A Little Girl


This is a precious song written by my sweet sister in law, Carrie. It was inspired by this picture of Grandma Sanders with her brother and younger sister.

My sister Amy came over tonight and I played it for her, she cried.

Carrie thinks it is not good enough to submit to the Friend.

Read the words and then click on the video below to see great granddaughters sing it. I think you will agree that Carrie should send it in!



When Grandma Was A Little Girl

When Grandma was a little girl
In her black patent shoes and white ribboned curls,
Did she laugh, did she cry, did she ask her mother why
And in her dreams did she see a little girl like me?
When Grandma was a little girl.

I've heard Grandma's stories as I've sat on her knee
Of her family and friends and how things used to be.
But one thing has never changed, one way she's just like me,
She learned about God's light and how to choose the right,
When Grandma was a little girl.

Of all the pictures in my family history,
There's one that's my favorite, the best of all to see.
Grandma as a little girl, with her white ribboned curls.
In the photograph I see that she smiles just like me,
My Grandma as a little girl.

6 comments:

Jennifer Duncan said...

It's awesome. She should certainly submit it.

Lincoln Farrell and Marilyn Barlow said...

We shed a few tears on this one. How sweet my grandchildren are. I think I am a tad homesick.

Lincoln Farrell and Marilyn Barlow said...

Rachel, I loved the hair and bow. What a thoughtful thing to do for grandmas funeral.

Angela said...

I don't even know what the friend is but I say ...
"SEND IT IN!!!"

Amy said...

That was beautiful- thanks for sharing it. P.s. You should totally submit it to Friend.

Melissa said...

What a beautiful song. Please tell Carrie that I encourage her to submit this song. What a lovely tribute. Very sweet and tender.
Thanks for sharing. I love the picture also.