Sunday, September 21, 2008

Writings By Rachel


For our primary program at church, Rachel was asked to share some things that she has learned by watching her grandparents serve a mission.

She stayed up late Saturday night writing this sweet poem:

I Love My Grandma & Grandpa

When I see the photos, I think of lovingness,
The great example set for me to always do my best.

Grandma and Grandpa do that, I always count on them,
to follow in their footsteps and think of Christ again.

Now they're on a mission, doing great things there.
They are a little home sick but being in great care.

They've helped to save the babies, they've helped the blind to see.
Clean water for the moms and dads and kids like you and me.

They love the people of Africa, life's lessons they've learned there.
How to work and how to love, Christ's message they did share.

They'll be home in November, they're ready to come home.
We'll throw a celebration for their hard working zone.

Rachel, age 10
September 14, 2008


2 comments:

Lincoln Farrell and Marilyn Barlow said...

Oh Rachel,
Wish we could have been to the program. It is always our favorite Sunday. But, reading your wonderful poem and seeing your beautiful artwork was the next best thing. You are such a talented girl. We can't wait to hug your neck, kiss your checks and never let go.

Melissa said...

Rachie,
That is a very sweet poem! I think you should send it into THE FRIEND.
Your Grandma and Grandpa are a great example to all of us.
Love you,
Lissie
XOXO